Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Old Testament

I just have to say that I am fascinated by my Old Testament class. Although the professor (a pastor) is much better at preaching than at teaching, I am captivated by all he has to say...which is a lot. I just sit there for almost three hours totally engrossed in the topic. He often strays from what we are supposed to be covering, so we have to keep on top of the reading, but what he does cover is interesting and relevant.

We spent last class talking a lot about death. I think part of the reason I like this guy so much is because he is obviously a strong man of God who is concerned for the souls of his students. He labors over the Gospel and in presenting it to us. Because this class is required for graduation, there are a lot of people in it who would rather be anywhere else. However, he handles it well and it's great.

Anyway, as far as updates go, college is great, I'm still running, and things are starting to settle in! Thank you for your prayers.

'Til another day...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Elisabeth! It's so cool that you are going to Belhaven and you get to study the Bible like that. Hope you have a great year and I can't wait to read all about it.
:-)