Friday, September 28, 2007

Christian Life

One more thing...I am reading this book called "Holy Sweat" by Tim Hansel. I did not really want to read it, but I have to for my class. I am pleasantly surprised...this book is amazing! No joke. I would definitely recommend it. It could change your life.

Here is an excerpt that Tim actually quoted from Madeleine L'Engle:

"In a very real sense not one of us is qualified, but it seems that God continually chooses the most unqualified to do His work, to bear His glory. If we are qualified, we tend to think that we have done the job ourselves. If we are forced to accept our evident lack of qualification, then there's no danger that we will confuse God's work with our own or God's glory with our own."

Just think about that for awhile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elisabeth, thanks for letting me know about your new posts. Interestingly enough, Tim Hansel was the speaker at a church youth retreat I went to way back in high school - all I remember was he sent us (the youth group) a letter soon after with a long string of "I"s on it - I vaguely remember that he spoke about focusing on God rather than on ourselves. Anyway, thought you might like to know that!

M.

Homemanager said...

Elisabeth,
Thank you for sharing! It does seem to be the focus that the Holy Spirit is working on in many people at the moment...including me... :-)

Just me-Jerri said...

I needed to be reminded of this.....thank you for blogging it. I stumbled across your blog today in my attempts of wasting time awaiting my husband to log in from overseas.
What a blessing it was just when I needed to hear it.