Friday, February 01, 2013

Friday in the Cube


Cube life is remarkably boring.  It's really the little things that carry us through - the random conversations, the odd overheard remarks, the random misspellings and grammatical errors.  So...yeah.

Also, I really do enjoy the people I work with - these are just funny.

Quotables:

In response to the brand of toothpaste I use and my toothpaste policies (p.s. I don't share toothpaste): You are living life absolutely wrong.  Just...wrong.  I can't believe you use Crest. 

A note on an unmarked sandwich in fridge: I accidentally took a bite out of your sandwich before realizing it wasn’t mine…come see me and I’ll buy you lunch! (I loved this note!  I almost wished that was my sandwich)

After someone explained to me the origin of the words “Baller” and “Ballin’” (a totally unsolicited explanation), another guy piped up: “Yeah, back in high school I tried to use the word ‘Spherein’’ and make it a thing, but sadly it never really caught on…you know, Sphereing, because a ball is a sphere.” 

Dropping a frozen dinner on a table (made a huge thud): “Doesn’t it sound delicious?!”

3 of us talking, other person jumps in: 
M:  “I’m going to have to dock one of your reviews if I hear her talking about an ‘unfinished product.’
Us:  “What?”
M:  “I heard the words unfinished something coming from over here…”
Us:  “Oh.  Well that was probably in regards to the paper snowflake.  I’m trying to get him to make a paper snowflake, but he won’t.  He punched it with a pen and then threw his unfinished product in the trash.”
M (to snowflake offender):  “Oh, well, that’s still going on your review.  For an unfinished snowflake.  I "fired" you yesterday – didn’t you learn anything?!?”  (His computer had stopped working the day before - she claims it's because she "secretly fired" him :) )

Someone over the cube wall to a passerby: Did you see me looking for you?  I was like a little groundhog, popping up.

No comments: