Sunday, February 05, 2006

My New Favorite Scripture


I have really enjoyed reading this passage:

Psalm 19:7-11
"The law of the Lord is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the Lord are sure
and altogether righteous.
They are more precious that gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.
By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward."

What a sweet and beautiful passage, pointing to Christ and His beauty! This has really served to focus my heart more on Christ and to be reminded of who He Is, and who I am not. The Lord is so kind in saving me!!!

2 comments:

Homemanager said...

Hello Elisabeth,
This scripture was my latest memory challenge. It is a wonderful one to meditate on. Whenever I'm travelling around and feel distracted by things, I look up and think that "The Heavens declare the glory of God" and then I can refocus.
God Bless,
Karen

Elisabeth said...

Thank you for sharing. Isn't so reassuring to know that wherever I am or whatever I am doing God will always be there to listen and to help. I'm still learning that. -Elisabeth