Saturday, May 13, 2006

Hey

Hi again!! I'm back...I wasn't gone very long, but the days were tremendously long and tiring, so it seems like ages ago since I last saw a computer. Pretty dumb, I know, but true.

I just got back from the 70-something annual Vermont All State Music Festival in Bennington, VT. I had the priviledge of rehearsing and performing with the 200+ person chorus. This year was by far the best according to the sound, effects, and music that we were able to produce. We had a good conductor, and it went well. It was exhausting, though. Singing all day for three days is not very good at all.

I had a good time, but only as far as the singing goes. This year more than ever I felt a huge contrast between myself and all of the other kids there. There were only three Christians in the entire ensemble, at least that I was aware of. I felt very alone. I could feel the gap that was between me and my fellow singers. It was sad, especially after such a wonderful missions trip with my church. I can't really discribe how disappointing it was to be at All States. Yes, the singing was great, but I really longed for the Christian fellowship that I am blessed with up here at home. This experience has made me really thankful for the strong Christian church that I can be a part of and for the bond that I have with all of my friends through Christ. It also made me really excited to go to a Christian school this fall. It will be such a difference from my school here.

5 comments:

G. F. McDowell said...

Welcome, fellow member.

Elisabeth said...

thank you

AndyOfVermont said...

Boy, do I ever know what you mean. I grew up in an area not unlike Bennington (Grafton, VT). 3 years ago I moved there again for a job. One year later, back to Burlington. I guess now you can really see why! Try experiencing what you experienced for a whole year! Deeeee-pressing! I was attending CRC, but really was living too far away from there to do much more than show up for Sunday morning services and homegroup. Gotta have good fellowship. We're so blessed to have it here.

Linda said...

I know what you mean.. I hate missing church. I will come sick if I need to because I miss the fellowship, the encouragement from the Word and the love of my sister and brothers.

I can totally understand why your mom came to church on Sunday.. even if she is still feeling not up to par.

Elisabeth said...

I can't imagine going through that for a year. I can't imagine going through that for more than a week.

Yea, I think it was good for my mom to go...I don't think she regrets it. (or Cross Connections, either)