Thursday, May 25, 2006

Katrina Regurgitation

So, apparently immigration isn't too big of a deal. I will refrain from adding my comments. Instead, I wanted to share some of my pictures that I took down in Mississippi just about three or four weeks ago. (nota bene: these are with a disposable camera.) I think that we are prone to brush these things aside after a few weeks or months, but the reality is that people are still suffering greatly from Hurricane Katrina. These are pictures of some of the destruction.




Ok, so this is just a cool pic of a tractor. It's the house in the background that was damaged and that some of us got to work on.


We drove by this place on our way to New Orleans. It is right by the coast.


This is a random, decripit, abandoned truck that says "USE ME FREE!" on the front.



A car and boat completely totaled.


It's kind of hard to tell, but this is a Walmart with the bottom completely washed out. All that's left is some of the roof and the supports.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

You can click on the pictures and they will get bigger and more defined.

The Sanity Inspector said...

Sad.

I helped with flood relief in south Georgia about ten years ago, and the damage that water can do is just amazing. Having a gale blowing on top of that...well...

Elisabeth said...

yeah, it was really eyeopening. I certainly have a lot more sympathy for the people down there, as well as for people in other disasters. For instance, we haven't heard much about the Tsunami recently, but I'm sure that those people are still hurting and grieving.