Friday, May 05, 2006

Yea!! Back to a Version of Normalcy

I've received two blessings today: I finished my AP Test Marathon and my mom returned home from the hospital!! I am exhausted, but so is every one else. It's been a crazy week, but it has also been good. The surgery went well, as far as the doctors can tell. It will be a long recovery, but at least it is over with. Continue to pray as they all decide what the next treatment will be, etc.

Anyone have good movie suggestions?? I'm looking particularly for comedy. We can always use more of that!!

7 comments:

G. F. McDowell said...

I've been recommending "Bride and Prejudice" to everyone in sight, and nobody has taken me up on it yet. It is funny, both intentionally and inadvertently.

Elisabeth said...

I love that movie!! I haven't found another soul until now who actually enjoyed it!!

Elisabeth said...

thanks, btw

Anonymous said...

Lyz I loved it too!!! So you have another soul who likes that movie.

Elisabeth said...

yea!!!!

Anonymous said...

For the record; I own and love P&P, have watched it a gazillion times, and my husband rolls his eyes when I suggest it (the 6 hour A&E version of course). I do love anything Jane Austen. The library often has the BBC versions of her books plus others, and we have many as well you're welcome to borrow like Emma, Persuasion, and Sense & Sensibility. I borrowed Wives & Daughters from the Brownell Library this past week and have started watching it. So far it's good. The Hubby says it's slow but I like that (I sewed all sorts of clothes that were torn watching episode one last night - can't do that if it moves too quickly). Other ideas would be Kate & Leopold and Ever After. Romance, not too serious, some very funny scenes . . . I honestly hardly ever watch anything any more but these have been what I do watch when I do get chance. --Mrs T

Elisabeth said...

thanks...I love romance and stuff that doesn't require a lot of thought!!