Sunday, May 28, 2006

On Persecution

I've been thinking about today's sermon and I really felt challenged by it. It was on persecution and how as Christians we should expect and accept persecution because of the Gospel. Persecution is really key to our faith. We should be prepared to follow Christ both in His joy and in His sorrow. Obviously we can't experience either in full, at least not now, but we can follow in our Perfect Master's footsteps. After the sermon we were talking about what makes us so reluctant to share the Gospel. I think that for me, a lot of it has to do with pride. Also, I don't really have the right perspective. When I miss an opportunity, I don't think that the person I could have talked to is going to hell. That's just not on my radar. I forget that I will not lose in the end; they will. I also forget that I'm not presenting myself in any way, but Christ. So I really don't have any excuse. The sermon was really good and I pray that I might be more willing to follow the cross, to follow Christ, and to ultimately and wholeheartedly throw myself into spreading His amazing Word.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Amen. Let's keep praying for Boldness as the apostles did in Acts ...