Sunday, March 26, 2006

Another Great Sermon

Well, another Sunday has passed and with it another excellent sermon. ( I know that they are availible online, but I'm not sure how.)

Today's passage was on John 13.

The main point of the passage and of the sermon was this:

Love for the brethren is one of the key distinguishing marks of true faith.

Jesus gives us the greatest example by washing the disciples' feet. Wow.

I came away from the sermon pondering my own view of myself. Do I put myself above servanthood? How can I serve Christ's body more? It is so powerful to think of the church as Christ's body, as an aside.

Anyway, I think I put myself way too much before others, as is my sinful nature. My prayer is that I would be reducing in pride and increasing in Christ--including in His behaviors and spotlessness. I have a feeling that the upcoming Katrina trip will offer a gazillion opportunities to practice this love.

3 comments:

Linda said...

E..
I am so encouraged by your post. Thank You. I missed the sermon today because I was downstairs with the 3 yr olds. I will listen to it tomorrow or tuesday.
I an so resonate with your thinkings though.. I desperately desire to be humbled and to view others as more important than myself.. which is more inline with being a servant versus acting like a servant..
Am I making any sense???
Well.. anyway... I am looking forward to listening to it and talking more..

AndyOfVermont said...

The sermons are accessed from the website by clicking "sermons online" and then "listen" on the sermon you want to hear. The reason you couldn't find this one last Sunday is because they don't get posted until Tuessday night typically. Its up now. The direct link is here.. It was pretty good, huh?

Elisabeth said...

thank you, both. Linda, very rarely do you not make sense! Thanks. Andy, thanks for the tip...sometimes I don't mix very well with computers...