Monday, March 06, 2006

REGENERATE OUR CULTURE

I'm not much at writing promos, but this project seems like it's worth the effort.

Regenerate Our Culture is a project and a vision of four christian teens from around the U.S. Their goal is to regenerate the secular-worldview culture we live in today and turn it back to the Christian-worldview society that our nation was founded upon. The three main areas they want to make changes in are: Politics, religion, and life in general.

To make this project into a reality, these teens are starting a web-magazine in nine days. The magazine will be published on the 1st and 15th of every month. Written by experienced Christian bloggers, this magazine will surely be an internet revolution and will spread throughout the world.

I am excited about this project because, as part of a Christian minority in Vermont, I will get to be in touch with other Christians nationwide and I get to be part of something that our world probably needs at this point.

If you would like to become a sponsor and join the team, click here.

Keep Regenerate Our Culture and the people involved in your prayers. It looks like an exciting yet daunting project. May Christ be glorified through it.

"For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in, malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.
But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit."

Titus 3:3-5 (nasb)

I thank God that we have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for talking about us!

It's neat that you're from Vermont, btw - I'm in New England as well (Maine). Great to see other Christian bloggers in the area :D

Elisabeth said...

cool and thanks!

G. F. McDowell said...

Since my comment on your later post seems to have been well received, I'll give this one a go. Quoting Elisabeth: Their goal is to regenerate the secular-worldview culture we live in today and turn it back to the Christian-worldview society that our nation was founded upon.

I don't think history backs up the claim that our nation was founded on Christian values. One problem is that we have confused American/ Enlightenment/ Liberal Democratic values with Christian values. Where in the Bible does it say that our Creator endowed us with inalienable rights? Do sinners before a just God have the right to live? To we have any right to liberty? Property? One reason why I think Arminianism is so popular is because it is so compatible with American values such as self-determination. When I see what Thomas Jefferson did to the bible, or study Benjamin Franklin's lecherous ways, I do not see a hint of Christianity.
You see, I hope to write a doctoral dissertation on this topic someday; and am passionate about it.

Conservatives are often charicatured as people who want to turn back the clock on history. Not only do we not have much to go back to, but I'd like to challenge the notion of looking backwards. I know I have to fight that urge in myself. I think all Christians at one time or another have wished we could go back to the Garden of Eden. That could be part of the reason why the cherubim and the flaming sword were put in the Garden of Eden by God. No, instead of looking back to Eden, we should look forward to beholding Christ on the last day and for eternity.

As far as regenerating our culture, I'd suggest, as an alternative, preparing our culture for the Lord's return.

Elisabeth said...

O.k., GM, if I ever am in need of political editing, I will come to you. True, our culture never was Christianized, but from my limited studying the values back then were a lot more noble than now. Good luck on your doctoral dissertation. (I don't even know what that is...)

G. F. McDowell said...

I'm not trying to correct, merely interact. Sorry, I tend to be wordy. I do like the fact that you are thinking about this stuff. Good to see from your generation.

Elisabeth said...

It is interesting to look back through history and see all of the times the people romanticize the past. For instance, in England after they threw Charles I out and Cromwell took over, the people soon wanted a Monarchy back in place. They forget the horrible stuff and remember the good. The same happened with Napoleon I and all the political revolutions. It's true in Christianity, too. My mom and I have been talking about how Christians tend to look to the past and see only the good things that they want to go back to, when in reality it wasn't that great. Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it.

Is reapolitiklr from the German realpolitiks "political realism", or something?