Friday, March 10, 2006

This has never happened to me before...

O.K, so the other night, I was reading this book The Princess and the Goblins. It's kind of an odd book and I'm not sure I would recommend it, but I haven't finished it, so I can't give a yay or nay.

Anyway...

I had just gotten to the part where the young lad was in the mines at night and was trying to figure out what the goblins were after and why they were pursuing him more than usual. Then I went to sleep.

That night, I dreamed the whole rest of the story. No joke. I knew exactly what the goblins wanted, how they were going to get it, and every other detail. It was perfectly complex, and yet my mind made it all up. I have never read the book before. Now I only remember some of it, but it was intense. That has never happened to me before.

I know that sounds kind of dumb, but it was so vivid and so real and it made sense, which never happens. Amazing.

I'm sure you really wanted to know all of this.

Blogging is so much fun!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I liked that book, though it was rather odd. I had to be in the right mood to read it. But there are several pearls of wisdom hidden within the story that you will spot if you look for them.

Elisabeth said...

Yes, I thought it was really interesting that George Macdowell (sp?) was a pastor before he started writing, so that kind of put the book in a different category for me. I ended up liking it, in a way.

Anonymous said...

I read that book a long time ago. I thought it was rather weird. I know you all really needed my opinion.
HMD